Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rule #27 Unless it’s urgent, cancel the meeting. Meetings are 95% a waste of time. Send a memo instead and ask for a brief response in writing.


I really hate it when managers kept reply the same thing over and over again. I find adulthood have very rebellious and stubborn type of behaviour. If we really want to listen, we will listen. If we want to change, we will change. If what you said doesn't make any logical sense to me, I won't listen and I won't change. So stop wasting your effort and drill the same thing over and over again.

I can say now I prefer my current manager kind of meeting. The flow is more constantly, it doesn't get stuck halfway and kept repeating the same thing over and over again.

Meeting is seriously a waste of time when no one bothers to care about what need to be change. I personally think words is not good enough, action have to be taken to ensure changes are made. This have to depend on the skill of the manager on implementing effective strategy. It would be best if meetings frequency is low and duration of the meeting is short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will reply you shortly. :)