Sunday, January 04, 2009

Light opening ceremony at Chinatown.




Yesterday evening, we went to Chinatown to experience the light opening ceremony and the burning of firecrackers.

In fact every year, we will go Chinatown to view this ceremony. It attracted millions of people at the scene. Some fainted due to low blood glucose while some were annoyed by the excited viewers as they were pushing and poking around. That stupid step-uncle was annoyed by a china man. Everything was childish. BOO!

The whole street was jammed and people had trouble circulating around the area. This year we stood at the whole place, we stood very far away from the stage because that stupid step-uncle thought that this way we could have a better view of the firecrackers.

Yes, we did had a better view of the firecrackers but the firecrackers were burned at around 8pm and meanwhile we had nothing to do because everyone were so tall and we couldn't see the performances at the main stage. If we had stand nearer enough, we could be able to see the performances through the front screen. I suggested that the screen near the stage should be higher up. The screen at the garden was high enough but should be bigger. Whereas for the screen on the stage should be higher too. This way it should please a lot of people who are short. At that moment, I guess those tall and big giants were hated.

There were two performances by Singapore Soka Association. Their performances were great and lively and I love them very much. I am so proud of them and so proud that I belong to Soka.

Yesterday was a great day and I am looking forward to ChineseNewYear which is my next school holiday. Yeah! Today is the starting of school and I am so dread to go to school. I hate all my facilitators and I hate PBL. It just sucks to me. I guess I am going to skip a lot for this 3 weeks. I think I am going to get a very lousy gpa for this year. Sian!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will reply you shortly. :)