Friday, March 13, 2009

Pickles.

My best friends all know that I love sour taste. I have always wanted to make pickles but I am too lousy to do so. But recently I am so free with no jobs, no school, no project and therefore I am left with 1 choice. Play with all I can.
Hahahhaha~ Cooking is also like playing, mix everything up and stir stir stir, press press press, grind grind grind. Maybe it sounds fun to me only?

I am going to do mixed vegetables pickles with vinegar. The benefit of it is:
Pickles: low in calories, low in fat or fat-free, and low in sugar, high in fiber which is necessary for digestive health, fighting cancer, contain antioxidants, which fight free-radicals, good source of calcium, magnesium, and iron.
Vinegars: boost the immune system, ease digestive disorders, and can break down calcium deposits in a person's joints, decrease high blood pressure, and help treat urinary infections, re-mineralize your bones, balance your blood pH, and fight infection, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.

Ingredients:
Vegatables: carrot, cucumber, zucchini (1/4 cup of each)
An airtight jar
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp soy sauce

Steps:
Cut all vegetables into 2 inch strips.
Toss them with salt and set aside for 30 minutes (OSMOSIS).
Combine water, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce in a sealable container.
Vegetables are to be drain, rinse, and dry them.
Add them into the liquid mixture.
Put in fridge to rest for at least four hours.
Done!



Credits:
http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/pickles-a-healthy-snack-with-snap-61701.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC-XP3XT1-Q (for video)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will reply you shortly. :)