Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vegetable pancake (yachaejeon)

I would like to try out vegatable pancake because normally my Mum cook is like only flour, egg, sugar and spring onions, which is quite simple and un-exciting. Maangchi one was more exciting with more ingredients in it.
I still love my Mum pancake since it was cooked by her and it taste nice too. I wanted to repay her with pancakes that I make just for her, therefore I have to make something different from hers. I think I will be cooking this probably next week.

Below is my edited recipe. I leave out the seafood because my Mum is allergic to it. She also dislike the taste of asian chives.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup flour, 2/3 cup water
1 ts salt
1 egg
Some green onions
Some zucchini
Green chili pepper
Vegetable oil

Steps:
1. Place ½ cup of flour, 1 ts salt, ⅔ cup of water in a big bowl and mix it.
2. Chop ½ cup worth of green onions, and shred ½ cup of zucchini.
3. Put chopped vegetable into the mixture of flour and water and mix it up.
4. In a big heated pan, put some oil and spread the vegetable pancake batter thinly. 5. Lower the heat down to medium.
6. When the pancake is cooked about 70%, beat one egg and spread it in the center of the pancake and cook a few minutes over low heat.
7. Turn the pancake over with a spatula.
8. Add more oil if needed, and serve it hot with dipping sauce by mixing 1 tbs of soy sauce and ½ tbs of vinegar.



Sound simple and easy right? I believe it is going to taste nice too. Yummy~ Make me so hungry now.



Credits: http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/ya-chae-jeon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will reply you shortly. :)