Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Just take it easy.

I am having a big headache for the big challenges.
I really hoping work don't clash with studies because I really don't bear to quit my job!
I am really hoping that everything can be smooth.
I guess taking one step at a time and giving all my best at each step is the only thing I can do now.
At times, I wish I am all alone so that everything is under my control. If only I am provided with the power too.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taeyang's smile is just too charming.
I am so looking forward to his next album which is releasing TOMORROW!!!
AAAAHHHHH!!! I am so EXCITED!!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

People with high EQ are loved.

Emotional intelligence: “the ability to monitor one’s own and others’ feelings and emotions, to discriminate among them and to use this information to guide one’s thinking and action.” - Peter Salovey and John D. Mayer.

“The abilities to recognize and regulate emotions in ourselves and others” – Daniel Goleman and Gary Cherniss.

“75% of careers are derailed for reasons related to emotional competencies, including inability to handle interpersonal problems; unsatisfactory team leadership during times of difficulty or conflict; or inability to adapt to change or elicit trust.” — The Center for Creative Leadership, 1994


What makes up EQ? There are five components:

Self-Awareness – A person who is self-aware understands their own moods and emotions and also how those moods and emotions may impact others.

Self-Regulation – Someone who exhibits self-regulation thinks before they act. Remember that person you worked for? The one who used to get red in the face, yell and scream and throw notebooks across the room? They were not exhibiting self-regulation at all.

Motivation – If you love to work and it is not just for money or for status; if you have a strong drive to achieve; then you know about motivation.

Empathy – The empathetic individual is able to understand the emotions of others and also learns to treat them as they wish to be treated. (seldom people able to do that)

Social Skill – Do you know someone who is able to meet new people and immediately develop a rapport with them? It is likely that they are very accomplished in the area of social skill.

http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/what-is-eq-and-why-should-you-care/#more-918

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will reply you shortly. :)