Thursday, June 06, 2013

Arrogant or bad habit?

JUST VENTING WITHOUT CHECKING WHAT I HAD TYPED.
Recently I just my Mum to see a doctor. Godamnit, it was such a bad experience. I really wish I could lodge a complaint but for some reasons I choose not to. My hand is really very itchy to write a damn long letter and submit like what I did to SBS. Instead of writing in, I decided to vent my unhappiness here.

I checked with so many people for the response of this doctor and everyone said he was nice. His skills are indeed super excellently good but his attitude and services are super poor. However, his attitude has got on my nerve. This has forced me to record the whole conversation for any kind of consultation be it doctor, insurance...

I don't like people to assume or thought so or guess so. If you had doubt please ask straight to your patient. I don't like that you assume that I know everything about my Mum condition. My Mum don't tell me every single thing. It is not a must for me to know every single thing either. This is an voluntary act. 

I don't like that you speak to me in English when the common language between my Mum, me and you is Chinese. The patient have 100% right to understand every single communication. You didn't inform my Mum that you will speak to me first, you had caused fear to my Mum because she don't know what is going on.
At that time, I really wish my Mum can speak English and tell off the doctor: EXCUSE ME, YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO ASK ME. I AM THE PATIENT, WHY ARE YOU ASKING HER? ONLY WHEN I CAN'T TALK OR ANSWER YOU, THEN MY DAUGHTER WILL DO THE TALKING!!!! 

I had to say your tone of words, tone of voice and body language are so unfriendly. This had caused fear in my Mum as well as myself. It made me and my Mum having hesitation to share her problems with you because you doesn't seem willing to help and it made us think that you couldn't be able to help either. 

I don't like the point that I had to ask my Mum personally if she still have any other questions to ask. At this point my Mum started to share and there the doctor goes telling me: JUST NOW YOU DIDN'T TELL SHE HAD PAIN AND OTHER PROBLEMS. I was like WTH!!!!!!! This is your fking job, it is your un-professionalism that caused this missing information. If you want to prevent this then please communication more effectively, ask the patient yourself. After just one sentence from my Mum and you added an xray and that's all. You should have ask any more questions you still want bring up before you go for your scans???

I don't like that she said the referral letter is poor written by the polyclinic doctor and mention the word STUPID in front of my Mum. OMGOSH. Seriously, where is your professionalism??? Long faded??? Ready for retirement??? If you think that polyclinic doctor is stupid, keep it in your heart, call polyclinic, confront the fellow and get the root resolved. Don't do this kind of things in front of your patient. Don't spoilt the company image. 

All these actions might had caused me thinking if you are too arrogant because you are a old doctor. You are old enough, rich enough so everyone had to see your face to survive. Or you looked down on subsidised patient? Looking down on poor people??? 

Because of the bad experience, even minor things had caused me great unhappiness. 
I don't like that you didn't make eye contact and greet the patient upon entering. We paid for your services. Not for your lecturing or black face-ing. 
I don't like that the those room assistants from other rooms (2-3 of them) suddenly came over and start to whisper among themselves and point at me. WHERE IS THE PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY AND PROFESSIONALISM??? GET LOST. 
When my Mum is ready for the doctor examination on the leg, I realised the couch roll tissues wasn't roll out. 
Once again, WHERE IS THE HYGIENE??? Is clinic trying to save paper and risk the health??? What will other patients think??? I have some patients who are very particular about this. 

Above points, I had not done it personally so I have the right to comment on their acts.
For my job, I strongly emphasized on professionalism, accuracy and speed.

I feel so embarrassed to be a part of them. Totally face down. 
This country has become more and more ungracious. 
School hasn't been teaching students about manners, empathy and sympathy. What's the point of being the most intelligent.

Wait till one day I had the power, I gonna send lots of complaints out to improve people with ZERO graciousness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will reply you shortly. :)